The Gilmer County Board of Education will need to approve your request for student transfer prior to the beginning of the 2021-22 school year.  All nonresident applications for enrollment in Gilmer County Schools must be submitted by June 30, 2021.  Requests from families moving into the area will not be held to this timeline.

The parent/guardian needs to submit the OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION to the Gilmer County Board of Education Attendance Director requesting approval to transfer from another county to Gilmer County Schools.  This transfer request must be approved by the Principal, Superintendent and the Gilmer County Board of Education.    The request must be made annually.

Gilmer County Policy 3050 and the OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION can be found at

If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact Judith A. Stalnaker, Attendance Director at 304-462-7386, Ext. 107 or email